Advantages Of Hair Transplant With The DHI Method
Advantages mentioned by the experts:
- Minimizes the permanence of follicles outside the epithelial tissue and therefore guarantees a healthier transplant.
- Hair follicles have a higher survival rate.
- Minimizes the risk of bleeding due to the minimum size of the incision area.
- Recovery time is very fast and the patient can return to his routine in a short time.
- It can be done without cutting the hair.
Disadvantages Of The DHI Method
The disadvantages of using the DHI method are the following:
- Both the doctor and the team must undergo a very long training period to make the best use of the instrumentation.
- It is generally a more expensive method than other hair transplantation techniques.
- The person who wants to undergo a transplant should be in optimal health condition.
- Due the small space in which the Choi pen works, if the doctor has insufficient experience, the adjacent follicles can be damaged.
Is The DHI/CHOI Method Suitable To Everyone?
During the hair transplantation using the DHI methodology, the grafts are inserted directly into an implanter pen called Choi.
The follicle is inserted into the hollow needle, located at the end of the pen.
Subsequently, the needle is inserted into the scalp at 40-45 degrees, during the unique stage of incision and implantation.
This method was presented for the first time at the Kyungpook National University in Korea. Specialists in the hair transplantation field have conducted several research to understand the functioning and characteristics of DHI, coming to the conclusion that it was a difficult process and not suitable for all types of hair. In particular, the use of a curved tip during the implantation of the follicle increased the percentage of hair roots breaking.
The implanter pen, originally designed for the Asian hair type, has been modified to be used on other types of hair. The currently used implanter has a thickness that varies between 0.64 mm and 1.0 mm.
In light of scientific and technological developments, it is now possible to perform an hair transplant with DHI technique in a safer way.
Hair transplant clinics have specialized in the use of the Choi pen, achieving satisfying and natural results.