Hair transplantation can be considered as a permanent solution for the hair loss problem. With hair transplantation we define a micro-surgery operation, which is normally performed in a hospital. The term micro-surgery refers to the fact that the techniques used during the operation are less invasive than a normal operation. Hair transplantation is today an effective and definitive solution for the male hair loss type, medically known as “androgenetic alopecia.” With hair transplantation It is also possible to cover the scars on the head.
Hair Transplantation Procedure Steps
- Extraction and collection of follicles
- Opening channels
- Follicles transplantation
Hair Transplantation Operating Plan
- Consultation: it is the stage where the hairline line is defined together with the doctor.
- Preparation: covers the patient’s area sterilization phases and the local anesthesia application.
- Extraction: the follicles are extracted from the donor area and collected.
- Channel angle: the lateral incisions are made following the natural direction of the hair, in the area where the hair will be transplanted.
- Transplantation: this is the process of implanting the follicles at an appropriate angle in the receiving area.
- Procedures after surgery: medicament and PRP treatment are made to accelerates the tissue healing and the hair re-growth.
- Hair washing: it is the washing process of the head which is carried out for about 15 days after the transplantation. It is guaranteed that the light crusts fall from the transplanted, in order to accelerate the healing.
General Information On The Hair Transplantation
- Persons between the age of 20 and 60 may undergo an hair transplantation.
- It takes 3 days to complete all hair transplant procedures.
- Depending on the amount of bulbs to be transplanted, the hair transplantation has a duration of approximately 6-8 hours.
- It is necessary that the operation takes place in a fully equipped hospital, to intervene immediately in case of a possible complication.
- The operation must be performed by an expert doctor, supported by qualified medical personnel.
- The final results are visible between 6 months and 18 months. In fact, hair can continue to grow up to 18 months after the transplantation.
Additional Opportunities That Increase The Success Of A Transplantation
There are several solutions to proceed with an hair transplant. For example, if the patient does not have enough follicles in the donor area, the success of the hair transplant operation will certainly not be high. It is possible to use follicles coming from other parts of the body to achieve a better result.
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION WITH BEARD HAIR
Hair transplantation using beard hair is generally preferred when the person’s donor area is inadequate and the receiving area is very large. Beard bulbs can remain in growth stage for a long time. Beard bulbs are known to be relatively thicker than hair follicles. For this reason they are transplanted in the intermediate areas of the head to increase the density, but they can not be implanted in the frontal line.
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION WITH BODY HAIR
While planning an hair transplant for a man, body hair is considered the third option. The chest hair is the best alternative among the other options, after considering the follicles on the nape and the beard hair. There are two important reasons why body hair is the third choice: the presence of thick hair follicles in single units as for the beard, and the low elongation properties. The hair follicles extracted from the thorax area are therefore not transplanted into the front line of the patient’s head.