APPOINTMENT AND PLANNING
After making the decision to undergo an hair transplant, the next step is to set the appointment with the clinic. The clinic should send detailed documentation of the hair transplant process. Of course this can also be transmitted via whatsapp.
Other steps are the following:
- Finalization of airline tickets
- Arrival in Turkey
- Airport transfers to the Hotel/Clinic
- Hair transplantation operation
- Medicaments and Airport transfer for the return
Dates and timing will be communicated by the clinic.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSFERS
All transfers to / from the airport and the clinic with private driver are provided.
An agent from the clinic will welcome the patient upon arrival at the airport, avoiding any kind of confusion.
Schedules and methods of transfers will be communicated directly to the patient by our agent.
HAIR TRANSPLANT OPERATION
The hair transplantation can be performed on the day of arrival in Turkey or the following day. The process takes about 6-8 hours with several breaks.
The operational phases are:
- Preparation: it takes about 30 minutes to prepare the patient and the area to be operated.
- Anesthesia: local sedation or anesthesia is performed according to the situation. About 30 minutes are sufficient for this phase.
- Collection of follicles: this process varies depending on the quantity of grafts to be collected, collecting 3000 grafts lasts for example 1-1.5 hours.
- Donor area dressing: once the follicles have been collected, the dressing is performed on the donor area and a bandage is held for one day. This process takes 10-15 minutes.
- Anesthesia for opening the channels: this second anesthesia is applied in the area where the new hair will be implanted. In this way the opening of the channels becomes painless. This phase takes 10-15 minutes.
- Channels open: Depending on the amount of follicles to be transplanted, the canals are opened with the sapphire tip or titanium blades. With the DHI method, the follicles are placed in the implanter pen which will open the channels and transplant the bulbs at the same time. It takes about 1 hour to open the channels. After this phase, the lunch break usually takes place.
- Hair transplantation: one of the most important phases of the operation in which the entire medical team actively participates. The previously extracted follicles are repositioned in the open channels at a specific angle. This phase is the longest and covers an average of 2-3 hours.
- Conclusion of the operation: after the grafts have been implanted, a general dressing is performed and the patient can leave the operating room. This process takes 10 minutes.
The first day is recommended to rest and and we do not recommend going out for the anesthesia effects.
THE OPERATION DAY AND THE EVENING
After the operation conclusion, a band is placed to protect the medicament. This band protects against the discharge of liquids injected during the operation and helps the head not to swell. It is recommended to sleep in a supine position by placing two cushions under the nape and the inflatable cushion provided. This allows you to sleep in a safer and more comfortable way.
POST-OPERATION MEDICAMENT CONTROL
The day after the operation the medication is checked and removed and the donor are is disinfected.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON THE PERIOD FOLLOWING THE OPERATION
After the operation all the information on what to do in the post-operative period and the most important points to allows the success of the transplant, will be provided.
Instructions about how to wash the head, how to lie down, the activities to avoid and those allowed, are provided.
The achievement of the expected result therefore also depends on the patient’s behavior in the period following the operation.
The doctor can monitor the progress of re-growth through the photos that will be sent by the patient